- ½ cup onion diced
- 5 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2½ cups pumpkin puree
- salt and nutmeg
- cayenne pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- whipped cream
- fresh chives
- Cook, covered, in boiling water about 25 minutes.
- Mash and let drain in strainer for 30 minutes.
- Cook diced onion with stock in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and seasonings.
- Process in blender.
- Add cream and heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into pumpkin shell replace lid, and ladle into individual bowls at the table.
- Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chives.