Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From the Ballroom, NYC
- 1 chicken -- approx. 4 lb
- 12 parsley sprigs
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup butt
- 4 cups red wine
- 12 clove garlic
- 3 carrots
- 12 onions -- small
- 4 celery stalks
- 3 chiles serranos/jalapeño
- 2 red peppers
- 4 bay leaf
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken in 8 serving, sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken slowly, approx. 8-10 minutes for the breast and 20-30 for the leg and thigh.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic and onions to skillet and cook until they are golden brown, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the chile, bay leaves, cayenne, remaining salt and thyme.
- Sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and red wine, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add carrots (2.5 by 0.5 in strips), celery (diagonal slices 1.5 in wide), and cook 10 minutes.
- Add red and green peppers (cut in 1.5 in triangles) and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and let cool.