- 3 tbsp salad oil
- 2 clove garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 small raw potato cubes
- ½ tsp ground chili pepper
- 1½ tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- few drops tabasco
- 3 cups water
- 1¼ cup milk
- 3 medium flounder fillets
- ¼ cup cream cheese ( 2 oz)
- ½ lb raw shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 12 oz can whole-kernel corn
- few sprigs fresh mint
- About 45 minutes before serving, in dutch oven heat salad oil; in it saute garlic and onion until golden (about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, chili pepper, seasoned salt, 1½ tsp salt, red pepper, tabasco, 3 cups water, 1 cup milk; stir occasionally, while bringing to a boil, then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1½ cups water and ½ tsp salt in skillet, simmer flounder fillets 6 minutes, or until fork-tender but still moist.
- Also, beat cream cheese with ¼ cup milk until very smooth.
- Now stir cream cheese mixture, then shrimp and corn, into soup; cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Next, drain flounder fillets, divide each in half crosswise, then place a half in each of 6 soup plates.
- Spoon hot soup over fillets, garnish with mint sprigs and serve at once.