- ¾ cup almonds
- 1 to 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 4 large celery stalks ends trimmed
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds or sliced almonds
- In a non-stick skillet, place the almonds, and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor or blender, add a little of the oil, and process to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer the almond butter to a glass bowl.
- Fill the cavities of the celery with the almond butter.
- Wrap the stuffed celery with waxed paper.
Some stores sell fresh-ground almond butter ready-made if you don't wish to do this step.